Searching for the best home theater receiver under $400 reveals two things. The first is that you are looking for a real cinema experience and the second is that you have the budget to make this happen. There is nothing like watching movies on a big screen in the comfort of your own home and when this is coupled with a solid home theater system, you are easily brought to new heights in terms of overall sound quality.
There are two components that you need to make this happen. One is great speakers and the other is a home theater receiver. Now there are a plethora of selections that you can choose from that can get the job done. However, there are some that are rated higher than others. This is where we come in. We have done the research and present you some of the best units that you can find that are within your price range.
Yamaha RX-V485BL AV Receiver
If you have a passion for great sound, then check out the Yamaha RX-V485BL AV Receiver. This is one of the best in its price range. Some of the top features that you can expect are 5.1 channels of surround sound with Wifi, Bluetooth, Airplay and Spotify.
There is musicast for multi room enjoyment and it works great with Amazon Alexa and it has wireless surround speakers for a lot of entertainment and more.
Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver
A home theater system comes to life with the Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver. This unit has demensional surround sound with 5.2 channels and it is compatible with Siri, Google Assistant and Alexa.
It also features 4K ultra HD TV and the stereo brings your exceptional brightness, contrast and color. There is built-in Bluetooth for streaming music, quick select buttons on the panel for setting up television and you can use your smartphone as a remote.
Sony STRDH550 A/V Receiver
Another unit that can provide you with awesome sound is the Sony STRDH550 A/V Receiver. This model can bring a lot of excitement and be a great addition to your home theater system.
It features 5.2 channels with a total of 725 watts of power along with smart device connectivity via Bluetooth. There is a front mounted USB connector with 4 HDMI inputs in this versatile model. There are over 300 customer reviews and it has a solid rating.
See More Top Selling Receivers On Amazon Today
- AUTO CALIBRATION: Advanced D.C.A.C. analyzes and adjusts the audio for optimal sound in any room
- VIRTUAL FRONT SURROUND: S Force PRO delivers virtual surround sound with only a 2 speaker setup
- 7.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9 percent)
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object based surround sound
- 5.1 Channel powerful surround sound
- Bluetooth for wireless connectivity.Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 100 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD);...
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 7.2 channel surround sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS: x
- EQIPPED WITH THE LATEST HOME CINEMA SPECS, this stereo receiver delivers exceptional clarity,...
- Ultra-wide 21:9 video and greater 3D picture quality is SURE TO IMPRESS EVEN THE MOST DISCERNING...